Bead Sparks hope that any questions you may have are answered below but, if not, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.
Basics & Booking
What is a beading retreat?
- A beading retreat with Bead Sparks is more than just 3 full-days of beading classes with great teachers. Right from the start you'll be spending time with like-minded friends with lots of time to socialise and talk beads & beading.
- The retreat also has special events planned from a sparkling evening in partnership with Swarovski with a glass of fizz to a very special gift giving and a beaded bead swap.
When is the retreat?
- The Bead Sparks retreat is the 19th - 21st November 2021.
Who are the teachers at the retreat?
- Our teachers are Stephanie Burnham, Sian Nolan and Jean Power.
How much is the retreat?
- The cost for the 3 days of classes, lunch on Friday-Sunday and all events is £270.
How much is the accommodation?
- If you choose to stay with us at Chartridge Lodge we have secured special rates which you can see on our venue page
If I want to stay for the whole retreat what do I need to book?
- Simply fill out the registration form to register your place on the Bead Sparks retreat and then contact Chartridge Lodge to book your accommodation for the nights you want to stay.
If I want to attend the retreat as a day student what do I need to book?
Should I arrive on Thursday or Friday?
- Bead Sparks will be there from Thursday evening and if you wish to get there early (or just pop in and see us) we'd love to see you there! But you are free to just join us from Friday onwards. See our schedule page for more information to help you plan and decide.
How do I ensure my place is held?
- When booking you'll be sent a payment request for a non-refundable 50% deposit and payment of this by the 1st of April 2021 (or within 7 days after this date) ensures your space is held.
What happens if the retreat is cancelled?
- If Bead Sparks have to cancel the event for any reason, any monies you have paid us will be refunded.
What happens if I need to cancel?
- If you need to cancel for any reason, and are able to find someone else to take your place, Bead Sparks are more than happy (with your written permission) to transfer any fee you have paid to their booking.
- Bead Sparks are unable to offer refunds under any circumstances so we encourage you to ensure that your travel insurance covers you for any unforeseen issues or events that may prevent you from attending.
What is included in the £270 cost of the retreat?
- 3 full days of classes (1 day each with each of our teachers).
- 3 brand-new beading designs.
- A goodie bag with exclusive gifts.
- A group buffet lunch on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Morning and afternoon tea & coffee on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- A special sparkling event, with a specially invited guest, on Friday evening.
What isn't included?
- Your travel.
- Accommodation (see our venue page for more details on booking this).
- Dinner (see our venue page for more details).
- Drinks in the bar or with lunch/dinner.
- Class kits or beading supplies.
Accessibility & Special Considerations
I have accessibility issues can this be catered for?
- 1 of our classrooms is on the ground-floor of Chartridge Lodge
- If you wish to be in a ground-floor classroom then just let us know when you book or by emailing us on email@example.com.
- If you have any accommodation accessibility needs then it is best to contact Melissa Grant at Chartridge Lodge directly on +44 01494 837484.
I have special diet requirements can these be catered for?
- Chartridge Lodge are more than happy to cater for any dietary needs and we will contact you closer to the retreat for any dietary needs for lunch. If booking to stay at Chartridge Lodge speak to them directly about breakfast and dinner.
What projects are being taught?
Are there class kits?
- Each class will have an optional class kit (full details and prices will be sent out to you nearer the time) and requirements lists will be sent out at the start of October 2021 (when full payment has been received).
What does the Chartridge Lodge accommodation include?
- All bookings include breakfast and each bedroom is en-suite and has:
- Wi-Fi (Please note, due to the nature of the building Wi-Fi may be restricted in some of the bedrooms)
- hair dryer
- trouser press
- tea and coffee making facilities.
Do I need to pack anything special?
- Bead Sparks recommend that if you think you may need them, please bring a beading light (extension leads will be provided) and any glasses you may need. Also bring a beading mat, needles and thread of choice (any specific class requirements details will be sent to you nearer the time).
I'm coming with a friend; can we be in the same class together?
- Bead Sparks will absolutely try our best to accommodate this. Please let us know when you register.
Will there be shopping?
- Yes! Each of the teachers will be selling kits and other items in their classrooms.
What is a beaded bead swap and do I need to take part?
- This is a fun, and voluntary, event where you can sign-up to bring along a beaded bead which will be given-away to another participant in a blind swap (and if you take part you'll get one back… and rest assured our teachers are taking part). There is no obligation to take part but if you want to we'll send you out details nearer the time.