Bead Sparks hope that any questions you may have are answered below but, if not, please email us on email@example.com or use our contact form.
Basics & Booking
What is a beading retreat?
- A beading retreat with Bead Sparks is more than just 3 full-days of beading classes with great teachers. Right from the start you’ll be spending time with like-minded friends with lots of time to socialise and talk beads & beading.
- The retreat also has special events planned from a sparkling evening in partnership with Swarovski with a glass of champagne to a very special gift giving and a beaded bead swap.
When is the retreat?
- The Bead Sparks retreat is the 22nd-24th November 2019.
Who are the teachers at the retreat?
- Our teachers are Shona Bevan, Stephanie Burnham and Jean Power.
How much is the retreat?
- The cost for the 3 days of classes, lunch on Friday-Sunday and all events is £270.
How much is the accommodation?
- If you choose to stay with us at Missenden Abbey we have secured rates of £50 (plus VAT) B&B per night and £22 (plus VAT) for dinner each night. Make sure to mention the Bead Sparks
If I want to stay for the whole retreat what do I need to book?
- Simply fill out the registration form to register your place on the Bead Sparks retreat and then contact Missenden Abbey to book your accommodation for the nights you want to stay and the group dinners you want to attend.
If I want to attend the retreat as a day student what do I need to book?
- You just need fill out a registration form to register your place, but if you want to join us for our event on the evening of Friday 22nd November, you may want to contact Missenden Abbey to book to join the group dinner.
Should I arrive on Thursday or Friday?
- Bead Sparks will be there from Thursday evening and if you wish to get there early (or just pop in and see us) we’d love to see you there! But you are free to just join us from Friday onwards. See our schedule page for more information to help you plan and decide.
How do I ensure my place is held?
- When booking you’ll be sent a payment request for a non-refundable 50% deposit and payment of this within 7 days ensures your space is held.
What happens if the retreat is cancelled?
- If Bead Sparks have to cancel the event for any reason, any monies you have paid us will be refunded.
What happens if I need to cancel?
- If you need to cancel for any reason, and are able to find someone else to take your place, Bead Sparks are more than happy (with your written permission) to transfer any fee you have paid to their booking.
- Bead Sparks are unable to offer refunds under any circumstances so we encourage you to ensure that your travel insurance covers you for any unforeseen issues or events that may prevent you from attending.
What is included in the £270 cost of the retreat?
- 3 full days of classes (1 day each with each of our teachers).
- 3 brand-new beading designs.
- A goodie bag with exclusive gifts.
- A group buffet lunch on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Morning and afternoon tea & coffee on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- A special sparkling event, in partnership with Swarovski, on Friday evening.
- 2 extra events at Saturday & Sunday lunchtimes.
What isn't included?
- Your travel.
- Accommodation (see our venue page for more details on booking this).
- Dinner (see our venue page for more details on booking this).
- Drinks in the bar or with lunch/dinner.
- Class kits or beading supplies.
Accessibility & Special Considerations
I have accessibility issues can this be catered for?
- 2 of our classrooms are on the ground-floor of Missenden Abbey who assure us that is fully accessible (this includes the reception, Garden room, the Library, bar, dining rooms as well as the Coach House building where half the bedrooms are located).
- If you wish to be in a ground-floor classroom then just let us know when you book or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any accommodation accessibility needs then it is best to contact the venue, Missenden Abbey, directly on +44 1494 866 811.
I have special diet requirements can these be catered for?
- Missenden Abbey are more than happy to cater for any dietary needs so please just let us know when you book so we can arrange this for lunch and if booking to stay at Missenden Abbey speak to them directly about breakfast and dinner.
What projects are being taught?
Are there class kits?
- Each class will have an optional class kit (full details and prices will be sent out to you nearer the time) and requirements lists will be sent out at the start of October 2019 (when full payment has been received).
What does the Missenden Abbey accommodation include?
- Each bedroom has:
- broadband internet access.
- hair dryer.
- iron and ironing board.
- tea and coffee making facilities.
- direct dial telephone.
Do I need to pack anything special?
- Bead Sparks recommend that if you think you may need them, please bring a beading light (extension leads will be provided) and any glasses you may need. Also bring a beading mat, needles and thread of choice (any specific class requirements details will be sent to you nearer the time).
I’m coming with a friend; can we be in the same class together?
- Bead Sparks will absolutely try our best to accommodate this. Please let us know when you register.
Will there be shopping?
- Yes! Each of the teachers will be selling kits and other items in their classrooms.
What is a beaded bead swap and do I need to take part?
- This is a fun, and voluntary, event where you can sign-up to bring along a beaded bead which will be given-away to another participant in a blind swap (and if you take part you’ll get one back… and rest assured our teachers are taking part). There is no obligation to take part but if you want to we’ll send you out details nearer the time.