We hope that any questions you may have are answered below but, if not, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form which you can find here
Basics & Booking
What is a beading retreat?
- A beading retreat with the Bead Sparks is more than just 3 full-days of beading classes with great teachers. Right from the start you'll be spending time with like-minded friends with lots of time to socialise and talk beads & beading.
The retreat also has special events planned from a sparkling evening with a glass of champagne to a very special raffle and a beaded bead swap
When is the retreat?
- The Bead Sparks retreat is the 16th-19th November 2023 with classes running 17th-19th
Who are the teachers at the retreat?
- Our teachers are Jean Power, Maggie Meister and Stephanie Burnham
How do I book for the classes?
- Simply fill out the registration form you can find here
How do I book my accommodation?
- Accommodation for the 3 nights of 16th-18th November are automatically booked for you and included in the cost of the retreat
How much is the retreat?
- The cost for the 3 days of classes, 3 nights dinner, bed & breakfast (nights of Thursday-Saturday) plus lunch on Friday-Sunday (and all events) is £590.
How much is the accommodation?
- It is included in the cost of the retreat.
If I want to attend the retreat as a day student what do I need to book?
- The retreat is all-inclusive but you do not have to stay. Simply register using the registration form you can find here
Do I arrive on Thursday or Friday?
- We will be there from Thursday evening and your accommodation and dinner will be booked for then too (and you can arrive from 5pm) but you are free to just join us from Friday onwards. See our schedule page for more information to help you plan and decide
How do I ensure my place is held?
- When booking you'll be sent the details of how to pay the non-refundable £200 deposit and payment of this within the timescale detailed holds your place.
What happens if the retreat is cancelled?
- If we have to cancel the event for any reason any monies you have paid us will be refunded.
What happens if I need to cancel?
- If you need to cancel for any reason, and are able to find someone else to take your place, we are more than happy (with your written permission) to transfer any fee you have paid to their booking.
- We are unable to offer refunds under any circumstances if your place is not filled so we encourage you to ensure that your travel insurance covers you for any unforeseen issues or events that may prevent you from attending.
What is included in the £590 cost of the retreat?
- 3 full days of classes (1 day each with each of our teachers (Jean Power, Maggie Meister and Stephanie Burnham)
- 3 brand-new beading designs
- A goodie bag with exclusive gifts
- 3 x Dinner, bed & breakfast and lunches plus morning and afternoon tea & coffee on Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- A special sparkling event on Friday evening
What isn't included in the cost
- Your travel
- Class kits or beading supplies
- Drinks in the bar or with lunch/dinner
Accessibility & Special Considerations
I have accessibility issues can this be catered for?
- The venue is fully accessible with lifts and ramps as standard, but do let us know if you need an accessible bedroom or any extra accommodations
I have special diet requirements can these be catered for?
- High-Leigh are more than happy to cater for any dietary needs and we will be in touch to ask about this nearer the time
What projects are being taught?
- Each of our 3 teachers is teaching a brand-new project and you can find out more information here
Are there class kits?
- Each class will have a requirements list (sent nearer the time, once the full fee is paid) with an optional class kit for Maggie's class
What does the High-Leigh accommodation include?
- Each bedroom has:
- Broadband internet access
- Hair dryer
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathroom with either a shower or bath & shower
- Towels and toiletries
Do I need to pack anything special?
- We recommend that if you think you may need them please bring a beading light (extension leads will be provided) and any glasses you may need. Also bring a beading mat, needles and thread of choice (any specific class requirements details will be sent to you nearer the time)
I'm coming with a friend; can we be in the same class together?
- We will absolutely try out best to accommodate this. Please let is know when you book anyone you'd like to share a classroom with
Will there be shopping?
- Yes! Each of the teachers will be selling kits and other items in their classrooms
What is a beaded bead swap and do I need to take part?
- This is a fun, and voluntary, event where you can sign-up to bring along a beaded bead which will be given-away to another participant in a blind swap (and if you take part you'll get one back… and rest assured our teachers are taking part). There is no obligation to take part but if want to we'll send you out details nearer the time